Custom Search

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ain't technology great?

Well it is if you can find how to set it up.

I’ve always thought that being able to write your blog on your own computer and with a button push send it hurtling through space to my blog would be just soooo cooool.

So here I was two hours ago setting up the Word 2007 blog template so that it would link straight into Train2Gain. Simple I thought! And that’s what all the Word instructions assured me.

The first tiny window had a button that asked me to ‘register an account’ – but I already had a blogger account so I didn’t need one, or so I thought. After some puzzlement I realised it meant “Register your current blog or set up a new one”. I really would not have objected to a larger window with longer instructions.

So I clicked the button and low and behold another tiny window pops up. In this window I have to choose my blog provider and Blogger is there. I’m home and hosed before tea, I thought. I wouldn’t have to use the other options of: My provider isn’t listed or I don’t have a blog yet. I’m really into this techno stuff. So I click next.

Now I need my User Name and Password. Ah! Now which username are they referring to? Several visits back to my blog site which I am currently logged into I come up with a choice of two. I know my password so it’s only a couple of tests and I’ll be all set up, I think. I pass by the pictures options. I can do that myself on a case by case basis, I decide. So now I only have to click the OK button. Almost instantly for both usernames a ‘Word cannot register your account’ box comes up. But at the bottom were the words: “Was this information helpful?”

I’ll leave you to answer that ... my temperature is just coming back to normal!

Happy course creation

From the Team at eBrainz

www.ebrainz.net.nz

learning@ebrainz.net.nz

Phone 64-3-525-7073

Phone 64-3-337-0234

No comments:

Post a Comment